What is the Advisory Board?
JEME can rely on its Alumni, a group of nationally and internationally established professionals who keep on collaborating with the association, offering their guidance to the team in the long-term strategy decisions and structural changes.
- Alessia FontanariGo-To-Market Strategy Manager at Doctolib (since January 2022)"Since January 2022, Alessia Fontanari has been Go-To-Market Strategy Manager at the Italian division of Doctolib, a European leader in the e-health industry. From 2013 to 2016, she was an Associate Consultant at JEME, where she became Head of Sales several times and founded the operational group JEME Shanghai, made up of associates and students from the same course in China. In 2016 she obtained a double degree in International Management between Bocconi and Fudan University of Shanghai, and started working at McKinsey & Company, where she held the positions of Business Analyst and, in 2021, of Associate, specializing in consulting services of M&A, Marketing & Sales and Big Data in the banking sector. In 2020, she obtained a Master in Business Administration at INSEAD Business School and, in the same year, she co-founded Mapo Tapo, a startup specialized in the extreme sports tourism. Finally, in January 2022, besides working for her own entrepreneurial venture, she joined the French scale-up Doctolib as Go-To-Market Strategy Manager. "
- Christian ChristodulopulosPartner and Head of Italian Private Equity and M&A practices at Long Term Partners (LTP)/OC&C Italy (since December 2020)"Christian Christodulopulos is a Partner and Head of the Italian Private Equity and M&A practice at Long Term Partners (LTP)/OC&C Italy. Now a member of JEME's Advisory Board since January 2014, Christian joined the association in 1998 and became a member of the Board in 1999. In the same year Christian held the position of Vice President and later of President of JADE Italia, the Italian Confederation of Junior Enterprises (now JE Italy). After graduating with honors in Business Administration and Management, Christian joined Goldman Sachs in 2001 as a Financial Analyst, focusing on M&A and Corporate Finance projects for the major oil and energy companies in Europe and the US. Two years later he joined Credit Suisse First Boston as a Senior Financial Analyst. There he worked on the sale of KVS to Veritas for $225 million and was named 'Exit of the Year'. In June 2004, Christian joined Bain & Company, where he was a Senior Principal for over nine years. Since 2013 he has been an Associate Partner of Long Term Partners and since 2020 he has held the position of Head of Italian Private Equity and M&A practice."
- Edoardo MazzottaSenior Associate at Boston Consulting Group (since January 2022)"Edoardo Mazzotta is a Consultant at The Boston Consulting Group, recently promoted in July 2023. From 2015 to 2018, he was an Associate Consultant at JEME, where he became Project Manager and Treasurer. In 2018, he graduated with honors in Accounting, Financial Management and Control from Bocconi University. Edoardo spent his first professional experiences in London as Partner Markets Analyst at Vodafone, and then at Simon-Kucher & Partners in the position of Associate Consultant in Dubai offices. After graduating, Edoardo joined Roland Berger in September 2018, a consulting company active in the automotive, transport, telecommunications, and financial sectors, where he started as a Business Analyst and became Consultant in January 2021. He is now a Consultant at The Boston Consulting Group, which he joined in January 2022 as a Senior Associate."
- Francesco SaccoProfessor at Bocconi University and SDA Bocconi (since 1993) and Chairman of the Board of Directors of S3K (since 2022)"Francesco Sacco is Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, and Management Consulting at SDA Bocconi and Bocconi University, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of S3K S.p.A. He graduated in Business Administration from Bocconi University and founded JEME Bocconi in 1988, together with seven other students. Between 2013 and 2014 he was a member of the Steering Committee for the implementation of the Digital Agenda of the Italian Government during the mandate of President Letta and of the Working Group for the Organization of Public Administration of the Extraordinary Commissioner Cottarelli for the Review of Public Expenditure. Since 1993 he has been Professor at Bocconi University, and SDA Bocconi (since 1998), and researcher at the University of Insubria, Department of Economics (since 2002). From 2017 to 2019 he was Senior Partner at the external accelerator Corporate Hangar, while from 2017 to 2022 he was Founding Partner of Algo Finance Sagl, a company that provides development, management, support and consulting services in the field of IT finance. Since 2020, he has been the creator, author and co-host of the television program StartUpEconomy for La7. Since 2022 he has been Chairman of the Board of Directors of S3K S.p.A., a company that provides IT consulting and services."
- Gabriele ToraChief Operating Officer at Heritage Holdings (since 2021)"Gabriele Tora works at Heritage Holdings as Chief Operating Officer, a position he has held since January 2023. In 2016, he joined JEME as an Associate Consultant. In 2018 he graduated with honors from Bocconi University with a Master of Science in Corporate Finance. After a first professional experience in Investment Banking at the London office of Deutsche Bank, Gabriele joined The Carlyle Group, an international investment firm where he reached the position of Private Equity Investment Professional. In 2021, together with fellow alumnus Giacomo Da Mommio he joined Heritage Holdings as a Director, an investment fund with offices in London, Milan, and Luxembourg. Today, he serves as Chief Operating Officer for the same company. "
- Giacomo FarinatiAssociate Trainee at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (since August 2022) and Teaching Assistant at Bocconi University (since September 2020)"Giacomo Farinati is an Associate Trainee at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. During his experience at JEME, which began in 2016, he held the positions of Treasurer, Vice president and, since July 2020, member of the Advisory Board. He was also part of JE Italy, where he held the position of Public Relations Manager, from June 2016 to February 2017, and Advisory Board member until February 2023. Giacomo studied Banking, Financial and Fiscal law, and Payment Institutions at Bocconi University, where he graduated in Business Law in 2020. Between 2019 and 2020 he worked in the legal, strategic and corporate affairs department of Nexi, a company listed on the MTA list of Borsa Italiana. In May 2020 he started his career at the law firm Legance, where he assisted financial institutions and banking intermediaries – Italian and foreign – in relation to financing transactions for the acquisition of real estate assets, as well as in corporate financing and debt restructuring. Since September 2020 he has also been a teaching assistant in Corporate Law at Bocconi University. Since August 2022, he has been an Associate Trainee at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, an international law firm specialized in legal advisory services in technology & innovation, energy & infrastructure, and finance sectors."
- Gianmario VeronaFull Professor at Bocconi University (since January 2008) and President of Human Technopole (since July 2022)"Gianmario Verona is a Full Professor of Management at Bocconi University since 2008 and is currently President of Human Technopole. Academically, he holds a degree in Business Administration and a Ph.D. in Business Administration & Management from Bocconi University. In 1997-1998, he was Visiting Scholar at the MIT Sloan School of Management and, between 2007 and 2013, he was a Visiting Professor at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. Between 2008 and 2014 he was the Director of the MBA program and the Ph.D. in Business Administration program at Bocconi University. As Rector, a position he held for three terms from 2016 to 2022, he was responsible for the technological breakthrough of Bocconi University, as well as for a greater cooperation both at international and at municipal level, collaborating with other universities and signing projects such as the MUSA plan for the metropolitan area of Milan. After the nomination of the Council of Ministers, he is currently Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Human Technopole Foundation, a new Italian research institute that promotes innovation in the healthcare sector and aims to improve people’s health and well-being – through the development and diffusion of a new knowledge. The Foundation's mission is to do this by creating an innovative scientific ecosystem that stimulates research, combined with the pursuit of the values of interdisciplinarity, inclusiveness and scientific excellence. In recent years he has led numerous workshops, conferences and applied research projects in Europe, Asia, and North America on the topics of development and strategic management of marketing and technology of new products."
- Mario NotariFounding partner of ZNR notai (since January 2001) and Full Professor at Bocconi University (since January 2012)"Mario Notari is a notary and founding partner of ZNR Notai and Full Professor of Business Law at Bocconi University. He graduated in Law from the University of Milan in 1988 and became a notary in Milan in 1994. In 2001 he founded ZNR Notai, a notary firm specialized in corporate law practices, real estate transactions and civil law matters. In the academic field, since 2009 he has been Director of the Ph.D. in Business Law at the University of Brescia and of the Ph.D. in Legal Studies at Bocconi University in Milan. He has been a member of the Societal Commission of the Notary Council of Milan since 2000 and of the Business Studies Commission of the National Council of Notaries since 2004, as well as coordinator of the latter since 2010, and President of the Scientific Committee of "AssoNEXT" since 2020. In addition, over the years he has been a director and member of the supervisory bodies of both listed and unlisted companies, including Camfin S.p.A., Kairos Partners SGR S.p.A., Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., RCS Media Group S.p.A., and ENI S.p.A. He is currently an advisor of Delfin s.à.r.l. and Banca Mediolanum S.p.A., as well as a member of the Board of Directors of EssilorLuxottica SA and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Beyond Investment S.p.A"
- Roberto BonacinaPartner of Ethica Group (from September 2021) and co-owner of VTMN Partners (from April 2021)"Roberto Bonacina is a Partner of Ethica Group and Co-Owner of VTMN Partners. Roberto graduated in Business Administration from Bocconi University and was a member of JEME, where he was Vice President and Treasurer between 1990 and 1991. Between 1993 and 1994 he was an Auditor at Arthur Andersen and then Senior Analyst at DGPA&Co, an independent consulting firm specialized in economic, financial, and management services. From 1996, he worked for 11 years at Lazard, first as an Associate and later as an Executive Director, where he worked on numerous M&A, privatization, and capital markets projects with increasing responsibility. From 1999 to 2000 he worked in the Finance Department of IRI S.p.A. in the team in charge of privatization processes. Since 2008 he has been Investment Director at DeA Capital S.p.A., a subsidiary of the De Agostini Group. He then worked at EY for nine years, first as Head of M&A Italy and then as a Partner from 2016 to 2021. Since 2021 he has been Co-Owner of VTMN Partners, a consulting boutique specialized in fashion and luxury, as well as financial services. Since the same year, he has been a Partner of Ethica Group, a company specialized in M&A Advisory, Debt Advisory, ECM Advisory and Equity Investments. He is an auditor and chartered accountant, and he is also a Partner in Pappaluga, a social agricultural enterprise that employs people with cognitive, intellectual, and relational disabilities."
- Stefano BennatiChairman of Arrow Global Italia e Board Member at Europa Investimenti (since May 2007)"Stefano Bennati is Chairman of the Arrow Global Italy fund and a member of the Board of Europa Investimenti, which he founded in 1988. In the same year, Stefano was one of the eight students who founded JEME Bocconi, where he remained until 1993. After graduating from Bocconi University in 1991, he started his career as a business analyst at Cofisa S.p.A., where he was involved in the valuation and structuring of private equity transactions on medium-sized Italian and European companies. From 1996 to 2003 he held the position of Senior Professional and then Investment Manager in the Private Equity Division of Banca Intesa S.p.A., where he managed numerous private equity operations. In 2004 he became a Partner and Investment Director of I2 Capital S.p.A., where he led a series of operations in special situations, including Italy’s first and largest bankruptcy settlements. He is currently a founding partner and member of the Board of Europa Investimenti, after having held the role of CEO since 2007, while acting as an Ambassador for Arrow Global, an alternative fund to which EI belongs. He has been also Vice-President of Sagitta SGR since 2017 and CEO of Sansedoni Siena S.p.A. since 2021."
- Vincenzo MarinoCo-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer at hiop (since March 2020)"Vincenzo Marino is the current Chief Commercial Officer of hiop. He joined JEME in 2013 and held the position of Sales Manager and Vice President. After graduating with honors in Economics and Management of Innovation and Technology from Bocconi in 2015, Vincenzo became a Research Fellow in 2016 at SDA Bocconi School of Management and Coordinator of the Master in Management of Food and Beverage the following year. In February 2018, he continued his professional career at Corporate Hangar as Innovation Consultant, working in the cable systems sector for energy and telecommunications. Subsequently, he worked in the Operations & Business Development team at Alesea S.r.l., a project born from a collaboration between Prysmian Group and Corporate Hangar. Since 2015 he has been following and coordinating FabLab Western Sicily, a non-profit project of which he is a co-founder, supporting the development of digital fabrication with the purpose of connecting students and local companies. In March 2020, together with alumnus Giacomo Barone, he co-founded BuildNN, then hiop, a data management suite specialized in data engineering, Dev&IT operations and business innovation for companies, with the aim of making data technology and artificial intelligence accessible to everyone."
- Viria PaianoHead of Internal Audit at Valentino (since September 2021)"Viria Paiano, since September 2021, is Group Head of Internal Audit at Valentino. She joined JEME in 2006 as an Associate Consultant. She obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration in 2006 and a Master’s degree in International Management in 2008, both from Bocconi University. In September 2009, Viria joined PwC’s Milan office as a Senior Auditor. 2014 marks a turning point in her career, when she moved to Luxembourg to work in the Ferrero Group, first as Internal Auditor and then as Lead Internal Auditor, reaching the position of Internal Audit Supervisor in September 2019. In 2021, she was recruited as Chief Audit Officer and as a member of the Supervisory Body at Valentino. "